And I am sorry.

"Why you look like you just cried?"

Truth is, I almost cried.

The feeling just came, uninvited. The moment I flipped through the paper before handing it in and realised I forgot to answer one small section of the first question smashed me into pieces. I got panicked but there's nothing I could do. That was it. Handed it in and suddenly got all emotional. I started blaming myself.

I thought of nothing but her. I didn't feel sorry for myself but I felt sorry for her. I felt like I might just have horribly disappointed her. All those days in school she spent just for me. All those hours in school she wasted just for me. At the end, it was useless.

You were not there. I was glad I didn't have to face you. I might break down or I might have to lie, saying everything was fine just for the sake of not letting you down. But at one point, I wish you were there. I wish you were there to hug me. I wish you were there so that I could apologise to you. I wish you were there to comfort me. I wish you were there to tell me everything would be alright. I wish you were there to convince me that I have done my best. I wish I could just tell you the truth.

You are the best teacher I ever had yet I am the worst student you ever had.

And I am sorry.

No comments: