To be continued...

Monday, May 28 2012

An unexpected call. Inner-conflict.

"Should I answer it?"

The thought of the possibility she might ask about the last Chemistry paper freaked me out. I didn't have enough time to think about the good and the bad outcomes if I answered the call. I couldn't just ignore it. After all, she's my teacher. Perhaps, it could be about something else.

Indeed, she called for another reason. She wanted my school passport, sort of like 'buku nilam'. Apparently, her daughter lost hers. So, she asked for mine to replace it. Since I'm not using it, yeah why not. (Like seriously, I'm 20 years old)

I was so wrong when I thought that's all.

"How's Chemistry?"

GULP!

I erred.

"How's Chemistry?"
"Emmmmmmmmmmmmm"
"Did NMR come out?"
"Yeah"
"Could you do it?"
"Emmmmmmmmmmmmm no"

"Nevermind. Forget about it. Just focus on the next paper."

That was the toughest moment in the whole two years of A-Levels. I tried to be as honest as possible. It's better for her to know the truth now and not having high expectation on me rather than being horribly devastated when the results came out.

We decided to meet up after Biology Paper 5. I wished she'd not ask further about my Chemistry paper but deep inside, I just wanted to let it all out.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Tuesday, May 29 2012

Biology Paper 5 was fine. I did the best I could.

She was in the orange room. Went to give the book and turned out, it's not the same book. The reception kids have slightly different kind of book. Theirs is more cartoon-ish. And I gave this "Obviously lah, teacher. They're kids." look. She called Mrs Choo and luckily, they have extras.

While she's on phone, I went to the college room 'cause a discussion was going on. Wasn't invited but oh, I was such a busy body person. And if you think I'm that pat poh, Mrs Wong is even worse. She suddenly came in.

"What are you all doing here?"
"We're discussing about Biology."

Liars, liars. Pants on fire! :P

We had little chats on exams, farewell dinner and someone shared about his problem sharing room with Mr Z. Ha ha That was funny.

Oh, I remember someone asked if she'd be coming to the farewell. She said she will. She didn't go to last senior's farewell 'cause she wasn't so attached to them. Aw So yeah, she'll be coming for ours!

I left the room because I wasn't needed anymore (and I didn't know anything about their plans) and joined Mrs W again.

We were talking about some random stuffs when suddenly she was like,

"Come, let's talk. Tell me about my strength and weaknesses."
"What? Why? What?!"

She's getting more random and I don't like her randomness. :/

"Come, sit in front me. Let's do some interview."

Oh my God. I kept laughing and tried to avoid the question. I mean, what's wrong with her! I never had a teacher who asked this kind of thing. It's kind of awkward and embarrassing. This is kind of personal, very personal opinions. Don't get me wrong. She's a great teacher! I can say lots and lots of brilliant things about her. But when the person herself asked me about her STRENGTH and WEAKNESSES, I went speechless and blank.

"Teacher, why are you doing this to me. I just had my Biology paper."
"Haha Okay, okay. Go home and take a rest. Then, study for tomorrow."

Guilt struck. I calmed myself down and took a sit in front of her. Looked at her and repeatedly ask, "Why do you want to know?" Yeah, still trying to avoid from answering her one million bucks question. She knew what I was doing. Reluctantly, she changed the topic. :P

"Do you know John Maxwell?"

The only thing that came across my mind once I heard the name was Mr Maxwell Sheffield. LOL Like seriously! Hahaha Then, I realised we're not talking about the same person. LOL

Apparently, John Maxwell is an author, leadership expert, speaker, and pastor. (Wow, I just knew that!) Just go to the link which is linked to the Wikipedia. Haha See, I'm using the Internet wisely. :B

She told me she's reading one of his books. The 21 Laws of Leadership, if I'm not mistaken.




On his website, he uploads a video daily on certain theme/word. That day's word was 'Gratitude'. We watched the video together.






 As soon as it's over, I patted her shoulder, "Thank you, teacher." We had a big laugh! :D

Then......
Here comes the climax of the day! Embrace yourself, kids!

"Can I see the book?"
"Do you know why I read the book?"
"No, why?"
"I want to become a better a leader. I want to lead."
"Lead who?"

She gave me a huge grin.

"Actually, I got promoted....."

And history's made!

"Wait. Really?"
"Are you serious?"
"Seriously? You kidding me..." 
"You're joking right?" 
"Oh no, you're serious. Whoa I am surprised!"

That was my super ugly reaction. Seriously, I didn't believe her at first. When she said she got promoted, I thought she got an offer from other institution or something. I was happy and sad at the same time because I was so scared she'd leave the school. I didn't want her to leave. But when she revealed everything, I got even surprised! All I could say was "Wow". I seriously got speechless this time.

As soon as I got my sense back, I congratulated her :) Aw I am so happy for you, teacher! That's certainly an amazing news! Believe me, she looked so happy when she told me about it. She started telling me about those big plans she already has for the school and students. Ah, look at my extremely dedicated teacher.

"That's why I need to know my strength and weaknesses."

I got trapped this time. She has a point, a very valid point. Then, I saw Izati passing by.

"Why not we ask Izati first."

I don't know if I'm a psychic or what but suddenly, Izati stormed in to the room! Allahuakbar :)

"Izati's here. Ask her, ask her."
"Apa, apa?"
"Nooo, I'm just asking her about my strength and weaknesses. Tell me, what was your first impression on me?"
"You look garang."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Okay, I seriously laughed my heart out. That was funny! Listening to Izati's confession was the best thing ever! It was hilarious! I kept laughing and laughing till one point, Mrs Wong got pretty annoyed with me.

"This girl ha, keep laughing. I don't know what's so funny"
"This is funny. Hahahaha Okay, okay. I go to the toilet first. You two talk lah"

I think they talked about it for like five minutes and that's the funniest five minutes ever! Mrs W's reaction was priceless. She was pretty surprised with Izati's truth opinions though. When Izati left, she asked, "Do I look garang?" "Hmm You look strict." I began to open up. I told her it's okay to be whoever she is now. I was so scared of her at first but now, look at me chatting with her. Something I wouldn't dare to do back to two years ago. "Perhaps, I should have personal talks with the students." Yeah, I think so too :)

"You are dedicated."
"That doesn't sound sincere at all."

I hate her sometimes -.- Just kidding :D

I didn't get to tell her every quality she has. (Perhaps, I was still shocked with the news. Yeah, think so) Don't worry. I'm gonna write a card and tell you everything, all right? :)

We spent another 45 minutes discussing more on her plans. It's always fascinating to hear about her ideas, her goals, her ambitions. Told you you're dedicated! And this post is a proof. Haha

It's already 3.30pm but I was so lazy to walk back alone. So, asked her to send me home and finally, got home around 4.

Oh Mrs Wong, I am so, so, so happy and proud of you! x

No comments: