Irreplaceable.

I spent most of the time last night thinking about my parents, my family.

Ms Wong assigned us a presentation on "Role Model" last year. Everybody has presented except me and Li Chen. Today should be my turn but since we didn't have enough time as she wanted to finished Nitrogen and Sulphur tutorial,  it's postponed to next week, I guess. I thought I got to present it. So basically, I spent my night thinking what should I say during the presentation, constructing lines in my head while I was revising organic/inorganic.

My so-called role model is someone who's close to me, someone that I know quite well -- my brother. Ha ha Well, who else can I choose right? I prefer to pick someone that I know, someone that I can actually see the life that the person's gone through. And why I chose this brother out of five brothers that I have? It's because he's the ugliest and gedik-est. Haha Jk :)

From what I know about him, (from a sister point of view) I can say that his life is the most harsh among us all. He's gone through hell. He's gone through so many things that I don't even know if I can handle them if it happens to me.

But somehow, it wasn't really about my brother that got me last night. It was my parents. I was thinking about what to say about my brother, how he inspired me and all but at the end, I realised, everything goes back to my parents.

My mom and dad have sacrificed a lot for us -- my brothers and I. To be honest, I wasn't really aware of this till last night. Everything that they've done to me just suddenly kept flashing in my mind, dancing before my eyes. That's when I realised, God, they've suffered so much because of us. They've sacrificed a lot just for the sake of their children.

Dad never said "no" to every decision that I made. He never said "no" when I decided I wanted to be an astronomer. He never said "no" when I wanted to drop Biology. But, he only said "no" when I wanted to have a new phone or buy new shoes. Haha :P But yeah, he never went against me. He always has his trust in me in everything I do. He believes I am capable of handling my own fate, my own life. What he only does is he always tries to be there whenever I need him, whenever I need his support, whenever I need his money. (Wooops :P)

I don't know how much he has spent on us but I bet, it's a lot. Thousands of pounds (Yes, I'm talking about pound currency) were gone for my brothers' future. Thousands of pounds were burnt just like that on my eldest brother when he decided to come back from Leeds without any degree because he couldn't take the pressure anymore. I can still remember vividly the night I saw my dad crying. (Shit, tears in my eyes!) After weeks of being M.I.A, my dad could finally contact my brother and the truth was revealed. My brother failed in his exams again, over and over again. And that night too, my brother told him that he just couldn't continue the journey anymore. It was too hard for him, and it was too hard for my dad to accept it.

And I, as a daughter, couldn't do anything about it.

I always had in mind that it's my mom who has sacrificed a lot to the family but I was wrong. It is my dad who plays the most important role in our family. The one who has brought me to where I am now. The one that keeps us as a family. The one that will try to meet me whenever he gets the chance to come here. And I just got wise enough to realise that all this while.

Mom, dad,
I love you all very, very much. I love you so dearly. I'm very proud to be your daughter, to have you as my parents. No, I will never, ever trade you with anyone else. Not even with Irsyad's dad. Money can't buy happiness. Money can't really buy everything that I have now. I thank you for everything you have done to us. All the things that you have wasted on us. For giving me a perfect family. You're the gifts from Allah. I'm very grateful to Him for giving me such wonderful parents and yes, you will always be in my prayers. I pray I will always be your best daughter and will be by your sides till the end of the day.



I LOVE YOU,
MOMMY AND DADDY ! :)





No comments: