"Bought your Haagen dazs so kena datang sini :D"
– K. Ili LSE, Nov 2, 4.09pm
She was among the first few people I met when I got here a month ago. First impression: a bossy, strict senior! Haha I'm not sure how I could have such thought. I thought we wouldn't get along very well but I was wrong. I was very wrong. Turned out, she became the closest person to me now and I can't imagine how my life would be like in London without her.
She's been the most annoying, caring and loving senior I ever have. We bug each other a lot until it's become a norm. Something is so not right if we don't fight every time we meet! "Kalau korang tak gaduh memang tak sah." Haha That's just how we express our love. Everyone knows that we're, indeed, very close tho we never admitted it out loud.
Sometimes I refer her as my 'mum', sometimes I just call her as my 'sister' - depends on the situation. Once she paid the Oyster card for me using her debit card and was like, "Akak dah macam mak awak bayar guna debit card." Lol That's when I started telling everyone she's my mom. Ha Other than that, she always sends me off at the front door when I wanna go to the uni. Well, only when I stay over at Wafaa. I thought she came down to unlock the door but when she did the same thing on the following days (this shows how often I come to Wafaa hehe) tho the door was already unlocked, I knew that she's acting like a mother sending off her children to school. Aw And I usually give her a big hug before I leave. Because she's my mother here :)
As a sister? Annoying as ever. God knows why I don't have sisters. The house would collapse! Lol I still couldn't find some scientific explanations of why I must do or say something to annoy her every time I look at her face. I just have to. Same goes to her. In a nutshell, we are annoying. :P
But the good side of her is that she cares very much. "Awak okay ke?" is her favourite phrase. She gets worried every time I go on silence mode or don't annoy her. She knows most of my timetable. She forces me to study. She tries to help whatever she can. She always shouts 'Language!' to me when I use inappropriate words, which most of the times, they are appropriate lol. She sends texts to ask about my whereabouts. She bought Haagen Dazs's strawberry cheesecake for me! (I was partly joking when I asked her to but never thought she would really buy it! Ah How sweeeeeeeet :B) And last night, she was like, "Sumaiyah, datang kejap," pulled me in and started patting me like a kitty - in front of everyone - just to clarify that she wasn't mad at me and I was not sulking because of her. It was quite embarrassing because it's so obvious I was such a spoilt junior but it made me realise that she cares. Truly, she's the best sister I could ever ask for.
K. Ili, I love you very dearly and you know that. Like I mentioned before, I can't really imagine my life in this foreign place without you - someone for me to annoy, someone whom I can hug whenever I feel like hugging people (or teddy bears! Oh, I miss Momo), someone whom I am eager to meet everyday, someone whom I'd like to share about my days with, someone to guide me and someone whom I can rely on. And that's you.
She's amazing, I feel very blessed. Alhamdulillah, all praise be to Allah :)
No comments:
Post a Comment