We are torn between nostalgia for the familiar and an urge for the foreign and strange.

Met T. Noni at the school's gate as she was going home and we're entering school.
We exchanged hello-so-long-don't-see-you excited waves
and she stuck out her tongue. Funny
I realised, I missed that silly teacher so much :)

Met two of my ex-English teachers and miraculously, they still recognised me.
We used to hear teachers telling us that once we left school,
they might not remember our names but they would remember our faces, somehow.
But T. Zarina proved it wrong.
She remembered my name and she remembered she used to teach me English in form three and EST in form four. She said I didn't change.
I was mesmerized and happy — nothing else.

Met C.Shaidah, my primary school teacher, at Salsabila this morning.
When was the last time I saw her? Four years? Five years? Six years ago? Wallahualam
Most importantly, she still remembered this once-used-to-be-innocent student after all these years.
"Kamu masih mengejar cita-cita?" I was shocked.
My neurones couldn't work out that I used to tell her that I wanted to become an astronomer.
Have I ever? I was extremely surprised and touched.
And good for you that you're back in Asma, cikgu :)

Teachers have always been ones of the most important people in my life. They surely have left some impact on me and I will always try my best to appreciate them no matter where I am right now and how long I've held the 'ex-student' title, insyaAllah.

No comments: