Happy birthday, sweetie.


"Happy Birthday Sumaiyah R, 
May you be blessed with the ray of mercy, 
So that you can fly to the varsity, 
And bring back souvenirs for me ;)"



If you are a professional stalker, you might have stumbled upon this post.

Welphs, yeah... My definition of 'soon' is a little bit different than yours. You might not be able to find it in the Oxford dictionary and I have not come up with my own definition, yet. Gotta start thinking about it though.

I've to thank Paan because her birthday post is like a wake up call to me. "Gawrsh, Paan has posted up about her birthday. My birthday was like four months ago! I promised to post it up soon! Mayday, mayday!"

Sort of.

Without any further delay, let's do some recaps, shall we :)

Dad came down to KL on February 22 since my mother had meetings at Uniten and to celebrate my birthday and my brother's as well. (His is on the 23rd. Nice, right) Dad picked me up after school, went to buy Indulgence cake from Secret Recipe, picked up big brother at the KTM station and headed to mom's hotel. Oh, eldest brother was with us too.

We just had a simple celebration — it's been the family's tradition, though. A bit different this year. Dad treated us a quite fancy dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Unfortunately, mom couldn't come along. She had to have it with the big bosses. But, the dinner was surely lovely. Thanks, dad :)

Later, found a birthday card in my bag (Oh, mom likes to do that). A bear-y cute card, indeed! Haha Get it? :D And! Have I told you that my father got me a camera tripod? He did! Aw I love you so much, daddy! <3



Cacat-ed cake :P


Then, came the real date.

I was online and handling a 'serious matter' when the clock struck 12 midnight. I checked my favourites on Twitter and apparently, Izati was the first one to wish me. As far as I can remember, she was in my room, lying on my bed at that time. Haha Like I said, I was handling a pretty serious matter and she was part of it. Lol




Everything was normal in the morning. Honestly, I did not expect anything from the fellow housemates. Nothing at all. I was quite neutral that day. Not so happy nor excited tho it was my birthday. I treated it like a normal Friday until...




Surprise, surprise!
Knocks on the door, saw the three makcik cina and they gave me this!




An extension wire! Lol Yeah... They are weird like that, bear with it. But oh, it's so pretty! They doodle-ed it themselves! Wow, I am so proud! And so touched :)

Mrs Wong was absent. So, we had self-study. Ms Ellen came in during the last hour. She wanted to show us a video on Application. And this is when things got pretty weird...

Yeah, another surprise! So, Ms Ellen did show a Chemistry related video. However, when it ended, she was like, "I still have one more video for you to watch." I sat back, watched patiently, wondering why the juniors appeared in the video and yes, I got pwned!

It was actually a birthday video — for me! Aw :D



This can only be viewed by my friends and friends of friends.


They are so nice, I know! No, I did not cry. Well, almost. I teared up a little, that's all. Haha But oh my, that's so sweet of them! I didn't expect this at all! I was like, "When did you guys do this? Why didn't you tell me! Tak perasan pun!" I was over the moon ;)

I still can't believe Ms Ellen 'berkomplot' with them! Imagine if it was Mrs Wong lol







They did everything the Friday before. "You did this last week? When?! I was with you guys all the time!" Apparently, there was a time where they left me ALONE in the class and I didn't realise it at all. Psh Perhaps, I got used to be alone in the class till it's become a norm. Good for them lol

You know what, the incident where Cherrie — out of nowhere — locked her bedroom's door and when I came in, I found Li Chen in the toilet suddenly came to make sense! "You didn't suspect anything when you found Li Chen in the toilet?" "No." "She came to show me the video." "Ughhh You, people" LOL

And guess who was super excited about the video?




Mei Yeen, da freaking losah! Aw, sweetie ;)

By the way, notice the short poem up there? It was especially made by a dear junior of mine whom I forced to make a birthday wish video for me (because he wasn't in the real video) but refused to and did that for me in the end. Aw, thanks ;)

When you actually thought that was all and their "Let's go down. We belanja you," thought was genuine, you were so wrong!







I know, I know! They are oh, so awesome! Argh I was surprised, totally. A surprise after a surprise after a surprise! Aw You, guys ;) Mind you, it was an Oreo cake  custom made from Victoria Bakery! Wow...

If you actually watched the video, Li Chen said she would cook my favourite 'ayam masak tomato' for me.

Ta-da!



She's a wonderful cook! Lucky me :B


Later that night, I called Mei Yeen, Zhafa and Anis Z since I got free calls from Maxis. Oh, Ain called me all the way from Adelaide! Aw Thanks, love :)

Well, to summarise the day in short notes:


  • Fellow housemates gave a beautiful extension wire. (They actually broke mine during steamboat night lol)
  • Kena troll during Chemistry period. They made a birthday video for me!
  • Kena troll for the second time. Thought they're gonna belanja me lunch but they actually put up another celebration at the school's cafeteria! They got me an oreo cake ;)
  • Birthday dinner by Li Chen. Aw
  • Free calls, free calls, free calls


Wait, I almost forgot to show you these!






These are made-with-love by Wan Syahira and Farhana. Well... You can tell which masterpiece belongs to who, right? Hehe

Here's another one I gotta show you!



So much love from Cherrie. She knows me well x


I feel oh, oh, so blessed.

I hid my birth date on Facebook. So, there wasn't a lot of wishes except from those who really cared. But yeah, that's how I celebrated the day I turned twenty.

Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah for the uncountable blessings you shower me with :)


P/s: Most of the pictures are stolen from Cherrie's Facebook :B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FOUND ITTTTTT :PPPPP
N I gotta say this: That extension is like the most creative birthday gift I've ever seen!
Great bunch of friends u have there ;)