How Metaphysics is Explained.

By Kaif H.


English version.

Anyway, metaphysics is a branch of philosophy dealing with, well, they deal basically with the big questions of life, such as "What is existence?" and so on. There is no clear-cut definition for it, as far as I know. It's more like, again according to my opinion, a bucket where you put things you think are not worthy or not possible as an object of contemplation in science and mathematics, but yet having a flavour of an important intellectual inquiry. However, that is not to say that metaphysics is a useless subject. It's not. As science and mathematics scrutinise over the material world, metaphysics in turn turn their attention to the stuff beyond those tied to our senses. Incidentally, metaphysics is a branch that's undergoing rapid attrition thanks to the emergence of well-defined disciplines such as cognitive science, just to name an example. Nonetheless, I posit that metaphysics, at least to those who are not atheists, is already a complete discipline of knowledge, and to us Muslims, I think it can even be subsumed in the category of knowledge known as 'Ilmu Wahyu'.


Malay version.

Apa pun, metafizik ni ialah tempat orang tanya soalan2 mendalam cam, umm, hang pernah pikir tak yang mungkin aku ngan semua orang keliling hang tak wujud? Mungkin hang ni otak dalam akuarium dunia lain yang terima "stimuli" daripada ikan2 yang patuk2 hang nye otak? Pastu hang nye otak keluarkan imej2 orang bagi setiap patukan ikan? Lebih kurang cam tu lah, antara lainnya lah. Apakah makna kewujudan? Siapa yang wujud? Cam ne aku nak pastikan 100% yang orang lain ni sebenarnya wujud dan bukannya "patukan ikan2 di akuarium mana tah". Kalau hang tanya soalan2 cam ni, dan cuba jawab, hang memang dah berkecimpung dalam bidang metafizik. Tak payah nak susah2 bagi takrifan pelik2. Itu je.


A good translation, eh?
I read the English version thrice and I still couldn't understand most of it
but I only read the Malay version once and I instantly got it!
Yeah, Malay language rules!

Thanks, junior. :D

No comments: