I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.

Dear Ms Ellen,

First of all, I have to clear up something. Remember this: You will always be the first 'Wong' in my life. In fact, there's never first or second 'Wong'. Both of you and Mrs Wong are very important to me. I love you as much as I love Mrs Wong. You are the Ms Wong whom I care and appreciate a lot. There's no double 'Wong' standard. (Haha Yeah, I just made that up) You'll always be my Ms Ellen who has partly changed my life :)

I was not your smartest student — always failed in exams, never got As in your quizzes and hardly got the highest marks in any subject. Yeah, I was that pathetic little student who constantly made you worry. Miraculously, you have never lost hope nor given up on me. You were supportive, patient, caring and full of love. I know it's not easy to handle a not-so-smart student like I am but you did it wonderfully. Chemistry is certainly not my 'thing' but you made it easier for me. You're the best Chemistry teacher :)

I will miss the chats we had in class. I will miss listening to your stories. I was kind of quiet in class and rarely gave respond but I did enjoy your classes. I did very much.

We didn't get to have personal talks much (or people like to label it as heart-to-heart talks lol) but I'll cherish the moments I created with you in the last few days of school before exams started — the days where I 'kena' tortured by Mrs Wong. :P Oh teacher, I still remember the text you sent to me on the Thursday morning. I was getting lectured by Mrs W in the library and suddenly a sweet, motivational text came in and I just couldn't stop smiling! Then, she scolded me when I was trying to reply you. Haha (She didn't know it was from you) And how you would ask for my 'condition', if I could get along with her. Those days where my head was stuffed with Chemistry (oh you know how Mrs Wong like hehe) were much better because of you. You lightened them up :)

Last but not least, I will undoubtedly miss your random, warm hugs. To be honest, your hugging gesture scared me sometimes. Very unpredictable. But honestly, too, I love it when you hugged me. I might show some disapproval expressions but deep inside, my heart bloomed whenever you did so. You made me smile. You made me feel loved. You made me feel like somebody actually cares. Well, gotta thanks the 5 Love Languages quiz, I guess. And I thank you too, dear teacher :)

I will miss you!

Thank you for everything and I am sorry for everything too. Do have a marvelous life, please. Pretty sure you'll always be an amazing teacher to your students, a supermom to Caleb (or more kids in the future?), a wonderful wife and the best human being of the humankind? Absolutely. (I speak rubbish, sorry :P)

I am so grateful, happy and proud to have you as my teacher.

Will meet you again someday, somewhere - if God wills :)

Take care! I love you so, so much x


“I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.” — Rumi


Lots of love,
Sumaiyah. (Or you like to call me Sue :P)

June 16, 2012




------------------------------------------------------------------





What I wrote in Ms Ellen's autography book this afternoon. Took me approx three hours and fours pages to write this down. I clipped together a photo of Ms Ellen, Mrs Wong and I at the last page. Didn't get to read it through for the last time 'cause I was in hurry. Hopefully, I didn't write something nonsense/rubbish.

I love you, Ms Ellen! x

No comments: